RJF University uses a multi-educational process that focuses on the customer, management, professional, technical, sales and administrative personnel internal as well as external to the businesses of RJF International Corporation. The following three areas categorize this multi-educational process.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Courses have been designed to support the continuing education process for architects and commercial interior designers. Each profession requires continuing education credits to maintain state certification or membership in state or local professional organizations. The American Institute of Architects (AIA) requires learning units; The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) (ASID, IDC, IDEC) requires CEUs. The number of continuing education credits depends on the professional organization affiliation and state professional residence requirements. Experienced RJF International sales and marketing managers teach the courses.
RJF University currently offers seven courses in continuing education. The courses are: Color Forecasting Trends in Wallcovering, Promoting Vinyl Wall Protection Systems to Your Clients, Wallcovering an Amazing Product, How Vinyl Wallcoverings are Made, Wallcovering Product Performance, Installing Commercial Wallcovering and Environmental Issues in Wallcovering. All seven courses are very interactive and can be taught as a one or two hour course.
Color Forecasting Trends in Wallcovering will focus on:
- Defining elements of trends and the complexity of forecasting trends. The focus is on factors that influence color forecasting and how different markets can have their own trend subset and variations in the way color is applied.
- Color forecasting can be impacted by cultures, climates and geographical locations.
- Color forecasting trends are a reflection of change, more specifically as it relates to the movement or color direction of the palette. This is a complex subject. It is made more comprehensible as a result of knowledge gained about all of the factors that influence color trends.
Promoting Vinyl Wall Protection Systems to Your Clients will focus on:
- Wall protection, the history and definition of the various types of wall protection systems.
- The need and application of wall protection.
- Identifying and meeting the needs of your clients by using safety characteristics, ADA federal regulations and life cycle analysis process.
- Exploring the various ways to preserve the integrity and aesthetics of your project design.
Wallcovering an Amazing Product
- Develop a brief history of the development of Wallpaper.
- Learn about three Types of vinyl wallcovering and their composition.
- Understand the benefits of fabric backings and the other types of backings available.
- Become acquainted with the composition and benefits of printing inks and coatings.
How Vinyl Wallcoverings are Made
- Develop a knowledge of the basic concepts of wallcovering manufacturing.
- Be able to describe each of the major steps involved in the manufacture of commercial wallcovering.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the measures used to assure wallcovering quality.
Wallcovering Product Performance
- Develop a working knowledge about a variety of product performance presentations.
- Become familiar with the functions of Underwriters Laboratory.
- Acquire an understanding of mildew resistance, flammability, and smoke generation as they relate to wallcovering.
- Learn about combustion toxicity testing, requirements and code review.
Installing Commercial Wallcoverings
- Learn about surface preparation including use of primers and wall lining.
- Become familiar with the installation process including seam types, adhesives and clean up.
- Learn how proper maintenance will extend the life of wallcovering.
- Acquire the knowledge of sizing a room.
Environmental Issues In Wallcovering
- Learn about the primary factors that impact indoor air quality.
- Understand manufacturing emissions and TVOC Emission Tests.
- Learn about important recycling strategies implemented by the wallcovering industry.
- Become familiar with questions related to environmental concerns.
- Note, this course will only be taught by senior technical personnel or senior managers.
FIELD SALES MANAGERS AND SALES REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING
Field sales training is conducted at the Fisher School of Professional Selling at the University of Akron by experienced marketing and sales managers from RJF International and related industries. Courses are targeted to customer sales managers and reps, RJF International sales managers and reps. Courses offered include:
Effective Selling Skills Workshop - the two-day workshop utilizes videotape simulations to reinforce personal skills (effective self-management, sales and personal alignment, the conscious competent), interpersonal skills (understanding behavior and communication styles, social styles and skills of versatility) and the sales process (relating, discovering, advocating, and supporting).
Presentation Skills Workshop - the two-day workshop utilizes videotape to reinforce the elements of effective skill presentation. Participants are expected to conduct presentations in all formats utilized by sales reps.
Coaching Sales Performance - the one day course is designed to develop the sales manager's ability to coach and motivate his/her sales rep's highest level of performance.
Time Management for Sales - is designed to instruct sales reps in the most effective time utilization techniques in performing the responsibilities of their position.
Specification Selling - introduces sales reps to the many techniques used in selling to the contract sales community.
Architectural Take-offs - is a course designed to teach the reading of blueprints and the calculation process of wall protection systems.
RJF INTERNATIONAL IN-HOUSE TRAINING
RJF International managers, professionals, technical and administrative personnel receive in-house training in personal computer skills, product knowledge, management techniques and self-development skills in the following areas:
Personal Computer Skills
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Outlook
- Executive Presentation Skills
- Coaching for Improved Performance
- Management as My Job
- Business Negotiations
- Conducting Performance Evaluations
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Listening
- Business Writing
- Stress Management
- Communication Techniques